Friday, August 2, 2013


I’m not sure about the wisdom of blogging when I am jet-lagged, but just wanted to let you know that half of team Tough is back in Wales safely and the other half is doing really well too.
It was hard to leave Duncan, the turquoise house on the hill and Ukarumpa friends. I already feel excited about going back in a few months, but a few things have to happen first!
The journey back did not start well. Air Niugini decided I didn’t have the right paperwork, even though we had checked and double-checked beforehand, and didn’t give me the green light to go until 5 minutes before boarding…but then it was wonderful and I felt as if my path was strewn with angels! The beginning was particularly frustrating because we had tried so hard to make sure everything was sorted beforehand, but amazingly I was very calm. Anyone who knows what I am like in an airport (I would be there 5 hours before a flight if it was up to me…)will appreciate the miracle of that and I am delighted to have made it home relatively unscathed!
It feels surreal, but wonderful to be back on beautiful Anglesey and it is almost as if the last six and half months haven’t happened…but I know that they did and that now I have two homes. The fact that they are eight thousand miles apart means that I already know what it means to feel joy to be in one and yet still miss the other.


  1. At least you've brought the good weather with you. Glad you made it home ok - I hope Duncan is making the most of bachelor life.

  2. Your southern hemisphere family already misses your presence. Glad you got home safely! May the next few months be full of blessing!!!

  3. Hello Trudie & Duncan...
    Wilma & I have been following your travels and experiences over the past six months with great interest. We rejoiced in the news of your baby to be when Margaret was with us in February in SA. Very pleased to know that Tru is safely home with her precious cargo. I'm sure that Duncan is on countdown!
    We send you are love from Mossel Bay.
    Richard & Wilma.

  4. A belated response since your blog was posted while I was still engaged with representing JAARS at Oshkosh. I'll have to get you guys there some time. Glad your paperwork was cleared up and the rest of the trip went well. My daughter Elizabeth and her friend are looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks. They are getting excited about their first trip to the UK. Stay well and we're all waiting to get the big news! Blessings.